• Central Arizona Shelter Services, 230 S. 12th Ave., Phoenix. Runs the largest shelter service in the state. 602-256-6945, cass-az.org.
• HomeBase Youth Services, 931 E. Devonshire Ave., Phoenix. Provides transitional housing and services to homeless youth age 21 and younger. 602-263-7773, hbys.org.
• Save the Family, 450 W. Fourth Place, Mesa. Provides transitional housing for adults and families referred from other agencies at 80 sites, primarily in the East Valley. 480-898-0228, savethefamily.org.
• Sojourner Center, P.O. Box 20156, Phoenix AZ 85036. The largest domestic violence shelter in the country has three campuses, 280 beds and 15 transitional apartments. 602-244-0089, sojournercenter.org.
• More information: Call CONTACS Shelter Hotline for shelter services and availability: 602-263-8900 or 1-800-799-7739.
Emergency health care
• Mission of Mercy - Free mobile medical care services. 602 861-2233, 602-288-7234. www.amissionofmercy.org/Arizona
• Maricopa County Health Care for the Homeless - Health-care services for homeless individuals and families. 602-372-2100.